Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rats

There's been a big turnover this week. We had a massive die-off last week, and the toll included my favorite rat Jenny, her son Vanilla, and three pink-eyed whites. Joining us this is a family of four Siamese rats. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

On the wild side, I found a defunct intruder in the basement a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately the concrete floor was very cold, and she was well-preserved at the time of discovery. Last week also saw the removal of an unhappy cherry tree in the yard and a large brush pile that was home to a lot of rats. This opens up a whole new area of what used to be the disreputable corner of my property. I'm still seeing some rats running around, but as I block their tunnels I hope they move along.

Technorati tags:

No comments: