Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Dead Spring Tour 2009 "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

I wasn't going to post anything about the ticket prices and VIP tour packages for The Dead's 2009 spring tour. It's disappointing that tickets are out of my price range, but that's life. Then I heard this rant. It's worth a listen.
The audio is not safe for work!



UPDATE 4/14/2009: Hello Deadheads! You can get song-by-song tweets here http://twitter.com/tourtweet. You can listen to the Greensboro show here. Enjoy.

UPDATE 4/26/09: Listen to the audience recordings on Archive.org.

UPDATE 5/16/09: Apparently this is the last night of their tour, and Sirius is carrying the show live. Back in the day, the Grateful Dead would occasionally broadcast a concert on a local radio station. Now you have to subscribe to satellite radio to get the broadcast. It goes along with the $100 ticket prices.

UPDATE 2/25/10:  It looks like the video was removed. Supposedly Bob Weir was on CNBC's "Street Signs" announcing that Furthur ticket prices would be around $40, but I haven't been able to find the article.

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: