Friday, August 24, 2007

Worm Town needs your help!

I'm passing this message on from the woman who ran the Worm Town Kids Tent at the Gathering of the Vibes. She lost almost everything in Seaside Park and needs your help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday when we packed up the Kids Tent...

We all worked extremely long hours, and put sooo much time and effort into this years Vibes Kids Zone. We had workshops on all days, (4 on Saturday), the Parade, Andy the Music Man was awesome, the volunteers were incredible, face painters were nuts, the Teen Scene was outta sight. It was BY FAR the best we've ever done with just under 500 children, and I felt most triumphant.

Everything was packed and separated: Bins going to Bisco and bins to store for WormFest.

On Monday afternoon, I had to get my vehicle to the garage before closing and I left the Kids Tent stuff unattended at 1pm waiting to be packed into the Penske. Sometime between 3pm & 4pm, ALL of the Kids Tent bins had been completely riffled through and mostly stolen.

They took all of the equipment, lights, cords, tools, spray paint. They demolished our Boo-Boo Station with diapers, wipes, sanitizer, sun block and bug spray. They stole all of our art kits, beads, staplers, scissors and glue...everything. Except for the bag of stuffed animals, and the bins of old busted up toys. They left all the big Plastic motor toys, board games, and bins of paper.

It was my fault for not having stayed with the stuff knowing the Park was then open to the public. With 3 kids in tow , a poorly running set of wheels and an exhausted crew, I told myself it would be fine, for an hour or two.

When I got to Bisco and saw what was left of the Kids Tent that has taken me 6 years to collect, after yelling and swearing my head off, I cried my eyes out. I felt completely defeated.


So, I come to you, Vibe Tribe. If anyone has any donations they can kick out to the Kids Tent at WormFest next month, we would be eternally grateful!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact: gabrielle@wormtown.com

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: